For Windows 7 users, Windows Media Player will come to their mind first, when free DVD player is mentioned. But what if the Windows Media Player gets stuck? There is necessary to back up free DVD player for Windows 7, as well as Windows 8 computer, in case the emergency situations. Or you can find the free DVD player for Windows 7/8, which can work better then Windows Media Player. And there is no need to cost any dollar on installing as well. It is a big deal, to find out and download free DVD player on PC.
DVD is encrypted by region code, and you will encounter a DVD driver issue if you do not have compatible DVD decoder support. The following top 4 free DVD player list is not a 100% guarantee to play any DVD smoothly. Here, the best DVD player for Windows 11/10/8/7, AnyMP4 DVD Player is highly recommended.
It is a professional DVD player software that supports almost any type of DVD encryption. Moreover, it can play Blu-ray files and over 300 digital video and audio, including 4K UHD movies on Windows 11/10/8/7.
It is pretty easy to watch DVDs via this DVD player on a Windows computer.
1. Free download this DVD player software on your Windows 11/10/8/7 computer. Run it immediately after the successful installation. It is compatible with Mac computers, and you can play DVDs on Mac conveniently.
2. Get your DVD into a DVD drive and click Open Disc to choose your inserted DVD. Then, select the DVD chapter and title to start watching.
1. Plays Blu-ray and DVD with no region limit.
2. Supports various formats like MP4, MOV, AVI, WMV, M4V, etc.
3. Plays video with a very high quality.
4. Offers various options for playback customization.
5. Very easy to operate.
1. Free version with limited functionality.
OS Supported: Windows 7; Windows 8; Windows 8.1; Windows 10
Media Types Supported: region 1-6 DVDs, VCDs, SVCDs, digital videos and audios
Main Features: WinX DVD Player is an all-region free DVD player for Windows 7/8 users to play all kinds of DVD movies and videos smoothly for free. It offers a DRM removal service. Therefore, you can copy protected DVDs, commercial DVDs, and other types easily through the free DVD player for Windows 7/8.1/8/10.
1. Insert the DVD into the DVD slot on the PC, or you can hit related buttons to import target video files by DVD disc/Open File/Open DVD Folder.
2. Later, click the Play icon on the top in orange to play DVD on Windows for free. It is a simple DVD playing on Windows 7/ 8 for free. You can use other provided filters to adjust audio tracks, set playback rates, and more.
1. It can play a wide range of video and audio formats.
2. Offers smooth and high-quality playback.
3. Allows you to stream media using AirPlay.
4. Has a built-in radio player that allows you to listen to online radio stations.
1. Limited video editing features.
2. The interface of the 5K Player is complex.
3. It may lack some advanced features.
OS Supported: Windows 7 (32bit)
Media Types Supported: DVDs, MPEG1, MPEG 2, AAC, WMA7, OGG and etc.
Main Features: KMPlayer is the free DVD player for Windows 7, with 32bit merely. Or you need to pay certain fees, to apply other versions for related OS, like installing KMPlayer on iPhone or Android. You can paly high quality movies, with 3D, 4K and UHD included. It is the versatile media player, covers wide spread of contained formats. KMPlayer offers both internal and external codes, to gets processed faster and easier.
1. Put your DVD into the computer DVD slot, and run the Windows 7 free DVD player to read and load your DVD.
2. Later, all detected movies will display on the right pane, just click and play on PC. There are filters to edit below, if you need.
1. Plays a wide range of audio and video formats.
2. Has a user-friendly interface.
3. Offers various customization options.
4. Has advanced features like 3D and VR playback.
1. It may require additional codec packs to play some files.
2. Sometimes has occasional crashes or instability with the software.
3. Includes bundled software or advertisements.
OS Supported: Windows 7; Windows 8.1; Windows 8; Windows 10
Media Types Supported: DVDs, CDs, VCDs and digital file formats like AVI, WMV, MP4 and more
Main Features: VLC Media Player is the qualified free DVD player for Windows 8 and other rest Windows users, to play all media formats, with video and audio filters. The import and output media formats vary wide. No spyware, no ads and no user tracking will occur.
1. After you install VLC Media Play on your PC, choose Media to import DVD videos.
2. There are Audio and Video effects you can apply. Rotate a certain angle to crop, color, and do image modification to improve your video-watching experience whenever.
VLC won't play DVD? Here are the solutions.
1. Support for streaming multimedia.
2. Has a customizable interface.
3. Has a number of advanced features like converting media files into different formats.
4. Can play damaged or incomplete video files.
1. Slow playback or even crashes on older computers.
2. Does not have various video editing software.
OS Supported: Windows 7; Windows 8; Windows 8.1; Windows XP
Media Types Supported: DVDs, videos, and audio formats contained
Main Features: GOM Player is able to run DVD free on Windows 7 and Windows 8 computers, but not including Windows 10 at present. Sometimes, you may need to install the FFDSHOW codec to continue normal DVD and video playing on PC. But you can still use built-in filters to adjust DVD videos for free.
1. Follow the GOM Player installing guide to Import DVD video from the normal track.
2. Adjust volume and screen size, and apply media effects. There are also templates you can use for free on the free DVD player on Windows 7/ 8.
1. It can play various popular formats like MP4, MKV, and AVI.
2. Offers a range of customization options.
3. Allows you to control the player from your mobile device.
1. Comes with bundled software during installation.
2. It may not have advanced features.
3. Has occasional compatibility issues with certain file formats or codecs.
Why does my DVD not play on Windows Media Player?
Firstly, DVD disc is not compatible the DVD drive. You should make sure the computer’s optical drive can read the DVD disc. For example, the DVD is listed as DVD-ROM, DVD R/RW, etc., and make sure the DVD disc is also marked as the DVD type. Secondly, there is no DVD decoder. For playing DVD in Windows Media Player, you should install the compatible DVD decoder named as MPEG-2 decoder.
How do I play a DVD with Windows 10?
For playing a DVD on Windows 10, you need to install the DVD player from Microsoft Store and insert the DVD disc into the external DVD drive that is plugged into your computer.
Can I play a Blu-ray on a DVD player?
No. A Blu-ray player can play DVD disc while the DVD player cannot play Blu-ray disc. More details about this topic, you can refer to: Can a DVD player play Blu-ray?
Does Windows have a built-in DVD player?
Yes, the Windows system has a built-in DVD player called Windows DVD Player. But it is not available for free. You need to purchase from the Microsoft Store.
Does Windows 11 have a DVD player?
Yes, Windows 11 comes with a built-in DVD player. It supports playing DVDs directly from the DVD drive or a DVD image file.
That's the top free DVD players for Windows 7 and Windows 8. The similarities of those Windows DVD players are high definition video expressing, and basic video display filters to apply with. Most of those free Windows DVD players offer different modes to play DVD movies with. So you can choose the most proper DVD player for Windows free here.