Zooming videos is one of the basic video editing task. It has the capacity to highlight important moments and objects in your videos. That is a good way to keep the attention of your views. There are a lot of video editors claim that they can zoom videos.
However, you may discover that most of them will damage the video quality when zooming footage.
This guide will show you how to complete the task using the best online and desktop video zoom editors without losing video quality.
|Video Zoom Editors||Platform||Supported video formats||Video zoom mode|
|Windows, Mac||MP4, AVI, 3GP, FLV, MKV, MOV, HEVC-coded video, etc.||Letterbox, Pan & Scan, and Full|
|Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android||MPEG, AVI, ASF, WMV, MP4, MOV, 3GP, OGG, etc.||Interactive zoom|
|Windows||WMV, ASF, M2TS, MOV, AVI, MP4, M4V, etc.||12 different zoom-in/out effects|
|Online||MP4, AVI, 3GP, FLV, MKV, MOV, HEVC-coded video, etc.||Letterbox, Pan & Scan, and Full|
|Online||MP4, WebM, AVI, MPEG, FLV, MOV, 3GP, etc.||None|
It is well-known that online video zoom editors have some downsides. For example, they cannot deal with large video files. Plus, the output quality is not as good as desktop programs.
AnyMP4 Video Converter Ultimate is the professional video zoom editor. It lets you crop the video effects in any region as you like. Moreover, it offers three zoom modes to edit the video effects as you wish. Moreover, it can be the video and DVD converter to transcode the video and audio formats easily. Its toolbox lets you compress video, edit metadata information and create animated GIFs.
Now, let's check how to zoom in/out on a MP4 video or other types of video in 3 steps.
1. Add video file
Run this software, initiate the window and click Add Files to import one or more video files.
2. Zoom video effects
Here you should click the edit button in the main interface (like the start image) to enter Crop & Rotate tab by default.
Under zooming window, you can move your mouse to set the zoom frame. Moreover, you can also change the crop area value to create the zoom region. Do not forget to select the zoom mode. If you would like, you can change the aspect ratio to be compatible with your playback device.
3. Start zooming video
After all the zoom settings are made well, just click OK to apply the effects.
Then you need to select the output format from the drop-down list of the output. Here if you do not want to change the video format, just select the first option, Same as source.
Then click Convert All to start zooming the video.
If you want to apply all the video effects similarly, just select the output from Convert All to at the top-right corner. Otherwise, you should select the output from the drop-down list at the right side.
VLC Media Player is not only an open-source video player, but also provides some video editing tools, such as Interactive zoom. The following procedures could help you simplify the task with VLC video editor.
1. Open the free video zoom editor, and drag and drop the video file into the interface.
2. Hold down Ctrl + E buttons at the same time to open the Adjustment and Effects dialog.
3. Go to Video Effects > Geometry, and check the Interactive Zoom option. Then the video zooming tool will show up.
4. Now, you can the tool to zoom in or out the video until you get the desired effect.
VLC Media Player is completely free of charge without any ads or spyware if you download it from trustable sites. However, the process in which you use it will have a great impact on whether the zooming is successful or not. Plus, this tool is just to modify the playback but not modify the video file.
Windows Movie Maker is another free video zoom editor available to Windows operating systems. Unlike VLC, WMM is able to really zoom in and out a video. The new Pan & Zoom effects allow you to zoom in or out a video simply.
1. Run your Windows Movie Maker, go to the Home tab on top ribbon and hit Add videos and photos to import the video file to zoom.
2. Select the video on the storyboard, and go to the Animations tab. On the popup window, scroll down and locate the Zoom in section. Select a proper effect and apply it to the video.
3. Finally, export the zoomed video to your computer, or upload it to your YouTube account directly.
The simple video zoom editor only support to exporting videos in FLV, ASF, QT, MOV, MPG, MPEG, AVI, WMV, MP4, and M4V. The latest version can render videos in 1080p.
Online video editors are a simple way to zoom videos without installing anything on your computer. Below are the top 2 excellent video zoom editors online.
AnyMP4 Video Cropper Online is a simple-to-use online video zoom editor that allows you to zoom in the video to preferred sizes quickly. The free trial lets you upload videos under 50MB for cropping, but you can log in to expand the limit. The supported video formats of this cropper include MP4, MOV, WMV, AVI, M4V, FLV, etc.
How to zoom video online using AnyMP4 Video Cropper Online
1. Go to AnyMP4 Video Cropper Online and click the Add File button to upload your video.
2. After the uploading finishes, choose a zoom-in size or manually enter a new size or set up a new aspect ratio in the boxes.
3. Preview the result and click the Save button to download the zoomed video.
EZGIF is a versatile video zoom editor online. It allows people to upload a short video from a computer or website through a URL. Users can set the zooming area in multiple ways.
How to zoom video online using EZGIF
1. Access https://ezgif.com/crop-video in your web browser and click the Browse button to import the video clip, or paste the video address into the URL box.
It supports video files in MP4, AVI or WebM.
2. Click the Upload video button to upload the video clip to the server of the online video zoom editor.
3. After uploading, you have three ways to crop and zoom in on the video images: Click the starting point and use the control points to enclose the desired area. Set Left, Top, Width, and Height. Select a proper Aspect ratio, like a square.
4. EZGIF allows you to use the original video format or reset it to MP4 in the drop-down menu. Next, hit the Crop video button.
5. When it is done, you can preview the result in the Preview panel. If you are satisfied with it, click the Save button and download it to your computer.
What does zoom in mean?
Zooming in a video will give the effect of getting closer from the subject. When you zoom a video effect, you should notice the dimensions of your project and the dimensions of the video you are editing.
Does zoom compress video?
The video size depends on the video resolution, format, and dimension. When you zoom a video but keep the video output same as the original one, the video size will be compressed slightly. However, once you choose the resolution higher than the original one and the format is the lossless, the video size may be larger after zooming in a video.
How do I make my zoom video better quality?
For making the zoom video better quality than before, you need Video Converter Ultimate. When select the output format, you should select the Same as source to keep the original quality. Or click the settings icon to select the high resolution. Besides, you can also use the Video Enhancer feature under Toolbox to make sure the output quality better than the original one video file.
Zooming in a video will enlarge an object and show the scenes closer to audiences. On the other hand, zooming out effect will include more scenes into a video. To achieve these tasks, you need a powerful video zoom editor. We have shared multiple ways to help you simply zoom in or out videos online and offline. All you need to do is read our concrete guides above carefully, pick up your favorite tool and follow the steps to get what you want.