To give you some background about MKV, it is a high-definition video container you can use to play on different devices. Considering that you want to play this format on your TV screen, you will get upset as it is incompatible with these devices. That said, a Blu-ray player that can crack the code of MKV files is necessary to view it. It is infrequent to find this kind of Blu-ray player. Therefore, the most advantageous option is to burn MKV to Blu-ray.
Moreover, there are plenty of reasons why we want to turn MKV into Blu-ray. For instance, you want to convert MKV for backup for long-term use or elsewhere. Whatever reason you have, it is a good idea to use MKV to Blu-ray converter to accomplish it. We created this post to aid you in doing such a thing in three different ways. So without any further discussion, let’s begin.
Burn MKV to Blu-ray
Let us start with AnyMP4 DVD Creator, one of the best programs to burn MKV to Blu-ray discs. With this program, turning MKV to Blu-ray format can be done quickly. In addition to DVDs, AnyMP4 DVD Creator can also make Blu-ray discs, folders, ISO files, and DVDs from any video format. Along with MKV, it supports other popular formats like MOV, FLV, MP4, MTS, AVI, WMV, TS, etc., with high-quality picture and sound results. On top of that, even without a blank Blu-ray disc, you can still convert MKV to Blu-ray format as a folder.
What’s more, AnyMP4 DVD Creator comes with various menu options that you can use. Aside from that, you can also create personalized menu templates depending on your standards. In addition, this program is infused with advanced editing features. You can edit the MKV file before burning it to Blu-ray. You can crop videos, rotate videos, clip videos, edit audio tracks, edit subtitles, merge chapters, add watermarks to the video, apply filters, and more. You can refer to the below guide to learn how to burn MKV to Blu-ray.
1. Suppose you do not own the best MKV to Blu-ray software. Click the Free download button below to install it on your computer. Before running the program, load a blank disc in your computer’s drive. Alternatively, you can directly run the program without a blank disc, but remember that the file will be saved as a folder.
2. Upon opening the program, it will ask you to select your disc type. In this case, select the Blu-ray disc option as your disc type since you want to turn your MKV file to Blu-ray format.
On the next window, click the Add Media File button. A local folder will pop up on your screen. From here, select the MKV file you wish to burn in Blu-ray. Following that, click Open to import the MKV file into the program.
3. To modify your MKV file before burning, go to the Power Tools tab. From here, you can edit video, edit audio, edit subtitles, clip the video, and more. After editing the MKV video file, click the Next button to proceed.
4. As mentioned earlier, this program contains various menu options. Here, you can pick your desired Menu Template. Besides ready-to-use menu templates, you can make a template by customizing it. You can change the background, add background music, and add an opening film. Tick the Star to save the custom template you made.
5. fter all the changes, you can click the Preview button to glimpse your output. If you think the result is satisfactory, click the Burn button to proceed to the next window.
In this window, select a local file as the destination of your burned MKV. Modify all the burning settings and other required options. To begin the burning process, click the Start button below.
If you need an external Blu-ray burner without installing any software, you can find them on Amazon.
The following program to convert MKV to Blu-ray is Leawo Blu-ray Creator. It can burn videos in various formats, including MKV to Blu-ray discs. Other formats supported by this program are MP4, WMV, MOV, FLV, etc. With it, you can burn ISO files to blank Blu-ray discs, videos to Blu-ray folders, and other supporting Blu-ray discs. Like the previous program, the burning process is also quite simple.
1. Download and install the Leawo Blu-ray Creator, and insert a blank Blu-ray disc on the Blu-ray disc drive of your computer. Then, run the program on your computer.
2. You will find the Burn button in the upper right corner of the main interface; click it. Afterward, it will let you select Burn to, Disc Label, and Save to options.
3. When you’re done, click the Burn button below. Wait, as the program is burning the MKV file. Once the burning process is done, you can play your burned Blu-ray movies on a Blu-ray player.
We also have Nero Burning ROM, which converts MKV to Blu-ray discs. This program can burn DVD and Blu-ray discs from various digital file formats. This program has been regarded as shareware optical burning software for several years. It can burn all digital files, such as videos, audio, and images, to Blu-ray and DVD. Yet, you have to spend some bucks to access its advanced features.
1. Download the program and install it on your computer. Like the previous program, place a blank Blu-ray disc before running it.
2. Select BDMV-Video as your burning type. Choose Horizontal (Compilation Bottom) from the dropdown list of the Window tab as the burning mode.
3. Import the MKV file from the local hard disk of your computer to the program. Next, start the burning process. To do so, click the Burn tab on the top menu. Wait, as the program burns your files, it takes hours to complete the process.
1. Why can't I play MKV on Blu-ray Player?
To play MKV files on a Blu-ray player without trouble, you must have Blu-ray specs with H.264 video. That includes frame rate, resolution, etc. Remember, H.264 video in the MKV file is inadequate to meet the criteria. Besides, you can open MKV files directly with an MKV player.
2. Is MKV lossless or lossy?
MKV supports FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec) audio. This audio encoding format is used for the lossless compression of digital audio.
3. Are there other MKV file types?
MKV is for video, which includes subtitles and audio. Aside from that, we also have MK3D for stereoscopic videos. Another one is MKA for audio files only, which includes subtitles. It also has MKS, which is for subtitles only.
Burning MKV to Blu-ray will be a breeze with the programs mentioned above. As you can see, all of them can aid you in doing such a thing. Yet, you have to pick the best one. Based on the program's features, AnyMP4 DVD Creator can burn MKV to Blu-ray with a menu. It can give your output an extra spice using it. Share this with your family and friends so that you can help them as well.