"I got some MP4 videos and they looked right on my phone, but when I shared them on social media or played them on computer, they will become tilted or even upside down, how to rotate a MP4 video?" It sounds a simple problem to fix, but many people still do not understand how to get the right orientation from their videos. This concrete guide will show you how-to on Windows and Mac.
A good way to rotate MP4 videos must be easy to perform as well as able to produce high quality. AnyMP4 Video Converter Ultimate can meet your need. Moreover, it can rotate unlimited videos at one time using multi-thread technology.
Free download the MP4 video rotator software on your computer and launch it. The editor is compatible with Windows 11/10/8/7 and macOS. Click the Add Files button to import an MP4 video. Then click the Edit icon.
Choose Rotate & Crop tab on the editor window. Next, click the 4 icons in the Rotation area to rotate MP4 at 90/180/270 degrees. Here you can rotate MP4 counterclockwise, clockwise, or flip it vertically or horizontally. When the video is in the right direction, click OK.
3.Save rotated video
Locate the bottom area in the main interface, and click the Folder button to set a specific location for saving the result. If you want to change the MP4 video to other format, set it in Convert All to menu. Finally, click the Convert All button.
The good news for Windows 10 users is that the built-in Photos app has the capacity to rotate MP4. In another word, you can do it without extra software or payment if you have updated to Windows 10.
1. Open the Photos app from the Start menu at bottom left corner.
2. Click the New Video Project option from the top left side. This will make a blank video project. Hit the Add button, select From this PC, and open the tilted MP4.
3. Drag the MP4 from the library area into the timeline at the bottom. You can preview it now. Click the Rotate icon or press Ctrl + R keys on your keyboard one or multiple times utile the MP4 looks right.
4. Hit Finish video button, set the options and save it to your disk.
When it comes to Mac, the pre-installed media player, QuickTime Player, is just the way to rotate a MP4 for free. Although it just provides two options related, you can simply rotate a MP4 video without installing.
1. Open the tilted MP4 in QuickTime Player. If it is the default media player, double-click the MP4 video and it will be opened in QuickTime. Otherwise, right-click on the MP4 file, and open with QuickTime.
2. Next, go to the Edit menu on the top menu bar, and click Rotate Right or Rotate Left option to rotate the MP4 video. Keep clicking until the video orientation is appropriate.
3. That just rotate the MP4 temporarily. To save the rotation, go to the File menu and choose Save. Write down a filename in Export As box. Set a location folder in Where field, and hit Save.
How to rotate a MP4 video in Windows Media Player?
Windows Media Player is just a media player and manager. It does not offer any video editing features including rotate. In another word, WMP cannot rotate any video files.
Can VLC rotate a video?
Yes, VLC Media Player is able to rotate a video file. Firstly, open the tilted video in VLC, click Tools menu, Effects and Filters to open the popup window. Go to the Video Effects, and then Geometry tab. Pull down Transform option and rotate the MP4.
How do I turn a video upside down?
If you want to correct the orientation of a video file, you will need a video rotating program.
Following our guide, you will find MP4 rotation is not a tough job. The Photos app on Windows 10 can meet your basic need. The QuickTime Player is able to rotate a MP4 video quickly. However, AnyMP4 Video Converter Ultimate is the best choice to rotate video files in batch. More questions? Please leave a message below this post.